Educational, Safe, Healthy & Fun!
How The Program Works
- The school/organization furnishes a student/member roster which
is sent to Amer-A-Thon headquarters.
- Amer-A-Thon prepares packets
of 18 pre-written letters (two-way mailers) for each student/member
which outline the need for funds. The letters
ask the recipients to sponsor the student/member with a pledge or donation.
- The packets are then shipped to the school/organization.
- An assembly
is conducted by the Amer-A-Thon consultant to explain the program,
- Each student/member addresses as many letters (two-way mailers)
as possible to friends and family living anywhere in the United States.
The students/members do not go door-to-door.
- The student/member returns the completed letters back to the school.
A group of parent volunteers, under the direction of the project coordinator,
review the letters for completeness and legibility. The letters are
then folded, taped and stamped. The project coordinator delivers
the letters to the post office.
- As soon as the letters begin to arrive
back at the school/organization from sponsors, the coordinator deposits
the donations and sets aside
all sponsor letters for forwarding to Amer-A-Thon after the event.
The students/members do not collect or handle money.
- Each student/member participates in the event by walking, jogging,
or running as many laps as possible around a pre-set course. Courses
and time limits are designed is such a way as to accommodate the
student/members based upon grade level/age.Even very small children
can succeed while older students/members are challenged at their ability
The school/organization sends all pledge sheets and donations to Amer-A-Thon for processing. Amer-A-Thon places the donations in an escrow account,
pays all vendors for supplies, awards, etc., and then sends the school/organization
their profit checks along with a complete accounting of all transactions.
(Amer-A-Thon II is not available in all states.)
The school/organization collects the packets of completed letters (two-way
mailers) from the students/members and ships them to Amer-A-Thon. Amer-A-Thon
records the number of mailers addressed by each participant and then
folds, tapes, and mails the letters out to the potential sponsors.
What are the benefits?
- NO DOOR-TO-DOOR SOLICITING
- NO PRODUCT TO PURCHASE OR HANDLE
- NO STUDENTS/MEMBERS HANDLING MONEY
- PROMOTES PHYSICAL FITNESS
- EDUCATIONAL, SAFE, HEALTHY & FUN
Contact Amer-A-Thon today
to get started >>>
High School JROTC
$14,993 - 182 students
$22,425 - 326 students
$20,167 - 228 Students
$21,827 - 257 students
Middle / Jr. High School
$14,429 - 139 students
Jr. High School
$6,459 - 60 students
Click Here for
More Success Stories