Does my school/organization qualify to participate in an Amer-A-Thon?
Amer-A-Thon prefers to
work with those schools/organizations who exhibit a high level of enthusiasm
and are able to recruit a committed group of
volunteers who will be focused on producing outstanding results.
Schools/organizations must have:
- A minimum of 50 students/members in a Christian, Catholic,
Parochial, or Private school/organization.
- A minimum of 100 students/members in a public school/organization.
- Specific and worthwhile needs for raising funds.
- A serious and business-like attitude from the staff, the volunteers,
- A Project Coordinator who is willing and able to provide the necessary
leadership and will work "hand in hand" with the Amer-A-Thon
How difficult is the program to implement?
Amer-A-Thon makes it easy
for you! Since we have already invested
hours and hours over the years to refine our approach, the school/organization
simply has to "buy in" to utilizing our procedures and methods.
All materials, manuals, and instruction are in writing, and our office
personnel have multiple years of experience working with our clients
nation-wide. The school/organization coordinator and the Amer-A-Thon consultant
work as a team to develop the project to its fullest potential.
What is the sequence of events?
- The school/organization
- Amer-A-Thon arranges for a consultant to meet with the leadership
to explain the program in detail.
- The dates (kick-off, letter turn-in, and event) are decided and
the agreement is signed. If possible, the Consultant will also
at this time concerning the awards program to be used.
- The School/Organization forwards a roster of students/members
to Amer-A-Thon headquarters so that letters (two-way mailers)
can be prepared.
- A parent letter is sent home explaining the fundraiser and how it
- The personalized packets of letters arrive at the school/organization.
- An assembly is conducted by the Amer-A-Thon consultant to explain
the program and to outline the various awards that may be earned by
the students/members for participating in the fundraiser.
- The packets of letters (two-way mailers) are taken
home by the students/members.
- The completed letters (two-way mailers) are returned
to the school/organization where they are screened
folded, taped, stamped,
and mailed out to the potential sponsors.
- Donations and pledges begin arriving at the school/organization
where they are sorted and the money from donations
- The event is held and the results are sent to
Amer-A-Thon for tabulation, along with the
letters which have
been received from sponsors.
- Amer-A-Thon sends out notices to all who pledged
letting them know how many laps were run
and reminding them
of how much
they agreed to
- Amer-A-Thon mails thank you cards on behalf
of the school/organization to all who donated
- School/organization spends the profit!
How much lead time is required prior to the kick-off?
The Amer-A-Thon can be set up and ready to kick-off in as few as 5
to 7 working days from the time a decision is reached.
include the arrival of the agreement and class/group rosters to Amer-A-Thon headquarters
along with all other materials required to get the program started,
the workload already in place for home office personnel,
the program schedule of the consultant for schools/organizations
who have already reserved a day for their kick-off.
How much can our school/organization make?
Amer-A-Thon programs nationwide average $52.14 net profit per participant after all
expenses are covered. A number of the top performing schools/organizations
average as much as $97.85 per participant!
Your school/organization's profit is up to you! Your Amer-A-Thon consultant
will coach your staff, volunteers, and students/members to increase their
levels of enthusiasm and participation.
The greater the students'/members' participation and enthusiasm, the higher
your potential bottom line. To take a look at how much your own school/organization
may raise, use the following worksheet as your guide:
|Total # of students/members
|# of estimated participants
|X national average profit (even dollars)
|Projected clear profit
Your total net profits after all expenses should exceed 60% and may exceed
70%. Variables that affect your net include which level of service you
choose from Amer-A-Thon and how much of your Event Day refreshments, prizes,
and supplies you deduct from your gross rather than receive as donations.
The total expenses, including awards, postage, printing costs and Amer-A-Thon administration
fee should not exceed 40%.
- First Class Postage for the letters (two-way mailers)
- Event Day Refreshments and Supplies
- Packets of letters (two-way mailers)
- Notices for sponsors who made a pledge
- Postage for notices
- Amer-A-Thon consulting
Contact Amer-A-Thon today
to get started>>>
High School JROTC
$20,133 - 331 Students
$10,027 - 98 Students
High School JROTC
$17,885 - 171 students
$11,841 - 87 Students
$20,137 - 212 Students
$63,719 - 494 students
$14,093 - 208 students
$27,879 - 510 students
$6,336 - 102 students
$6,180 - 48 students
$27,466 - 212 students
$30,922 - 253 students
$34,318 - 420 students
$36,115 - 306 students
$8,211 - 150 students
$8,763 - 57 students
$34,211 - 320 students
Click Here for
More Success Stories